Is Builderall a Scam? (No, But you have to give up WordPress!)
Welcome to my Builderall review!
“Imagine a world where you can access all the marketing tools you need to succeed in your business!” - says the Builderall sales pitch.
Do you believe that there is such a place where you can have everything you need to succeed online?
If it is, it should be really expensive right?
Well, after all, there are so many scams out there claiming that all you need is to buy their product and you'll be successful.
So, is Builderall a scam?
We'll find out soon...
(Rest assured that I'm not an affiliate of Builderall trying to pitch this product to you!)
Builderall Review Summary
Product Name: Builderall
Founder: Founded by Erick Salgado in 2011
Product Type: All-in-One Internet Marketing Platform
Price: $9.90, $29.90, $49.90 (Per Month)
Best For: Anyone who want to make money online or do any forms of marketing online
Summary: Builderall is a great platform which offers a wide range of tools to help you grow your online business at a very affordable price. But it's a stand-alone platform which means you'll have to switch to a totally new platform if you're already using WordPress to build website. Also, in order to continue running your business, you have to keep paying Builderall recurring fees.
If you want to know my top recommended make money online opportunity, click here!
What is Builderall?
If you have some experience in internet marketing, you know that in order to run a fully functioning online business, you need quite a number of different tools and services.
For example, you need a web hosting, a website builder, Email autoresponder, sales funnel and many more.
All these are mostly paid services on its own and you can easily spend hundreds of dollars per month on these tools.
Let me just show you some of the common tools and how much they cost individually:
- Thrive Architect (Landing Page Builder) - $67
- Wealthy Affiliate (Web hosting + Website Builder) - $49/month
- ConvertKit (Email Autoresponder) - $29/month (for less than 1K subscribers)
- ClickFunnels (Sales Funnel Building) - $97/month or $197/month
You see, as you get more and more advanced, you're going to pay for more and more services as well.
Builderall is an All-in-One digital marketing platform which allows both beginners and experienced marketers to build their own websites, landing pages, sales funnels and many more things to scale their online business ALL IN ONE PLACE!
In short, it offers both Web design and digital marketing tools. Not only that, their prices are also extremely affordable.
More on the detailed features later. Let's first take a look at a DEMO video by Alex Paim, Builderall Marketing Strategist, walking you through the entire Builderall platform:
As you can see, Builderall has lots of useful tools that are all relevant to digital marketing.
I Created My Own 4-Figure Monthly Passive Income at just 21 Years Old!
What's Included in Builderall?
So the list below are all the tools you can access in the Builderall platform which you've just seen in the video. Let me just briefly walk you through each of them...
- HTML5 (Drag & Drop) Site Builder - User-friendly interface that even beginners can create beautiful websites (include thousands of templates)
- Email Marketing Platform (Mail Boss) - Unlimited Autoresponder campaigns up to 10K subscribers
- Responsive Website/Blog Builder - This is the feature I couldn't agree on. Builderall does NOT have a responsive website builder (I'll explain later)
- Animated Video Creator - This is a very cool feature. You an easily create your own animated video to promote your business.
- Floating Video Creator - The feature the makes your video float on your website.
- Design Studio Mockups - This is another great tool for you to design professional-looking cover images, posters, etc, without using complicated photo editing software
- Presentation Builder - This tool allows you to create digital presentation on your website (unlike the real life presentation)
- On-Page SEO Report Tool - Another good thing about Builderall is that their website can be indexed and rank on Google. This tool helps you optimize your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) settings.
- Facebook Integration - Builderall websites can seamlessly integrate with your Facebook page to gain more leads and customers from your followers on Facebook.
- Browser Notifications - This is a very powerful function because your audience will receive notifications about your website even if they're not on your website (Of course with their permission)
- Lead Capture Tools - I believe this requires no further explanation. It helps you collect your subscribers Email addresses
- Click/Heat Map Tool - This is another interesting tool. This is often a paid service from other companies. You can track how your audience behave on your website to optimize your conversion rate.
- iOS/Android App Creator - Last but not least, another unique tool. You can easily build your own mobile App in their platform.
What I like most about Builderall is that they have a lot of guidance within their platform. Despite there are so many different features, there are 200+ video tutorials to teach you how to use each of them to grow your business.
On top of that, there's a Private Facebook Group for all Builderall members as well as Weekly Live Training for you to learn new skills.
Who is Builderall for? (and NOT for)
Since Builderall has lots of tools and functions, it's actually suitable for a wide range of audience, such as...
- Newbies (who have zero experience in digital marketing)
- Affiliate Marketers (who earn commission by promoting other people's products)
- Product Creators (who wants to sell their own products online, both physical & digital)
- Small Business Owners (can be people who want to build a website for their local business)
- Marketing Agencies (help other people with website building and marketing)
- Anyone who wants to make money online
However, I believe Builderall is NOT for people who already have their own websites unless they want to spend time and money to switch platform, which I think is a stupid idea.
You must be aware that Builderall is a stand-alone platform.
Although it can integrate with quite a number of third party software/tools, you will need to stick to this platform and keep paying them monthly or yearly fees if you want your websites or your landing pages to keep running. (That's the "Platform Lock-in" issue which I'll talk about in just a moment.)
So, if you happen to be someone who doesn't have a website yet and want to build one for your online business, Builderall is for you.
Builderall is also for you if you just want to build a landing page or a funnel for your next campaign.
Other than that, I wouldn't recommend you to switch into a totally new platform like chasing a "shiny object".
I hope this make sense to you!
How Much is Builderall?
So here are the pricing options...
There are 3 different pricing options in Builderall, namely Web Presence, Digital Marketing and Builderall Business.
The screenshot above shows the monthly recurring fees and the screenshot below is the fee if you pay annually.
To be honest, this price is actually very reasonable and affordable for most of the people, especially beginners.
But, what's the catch??!
Think about this for a moment. Builderall is offering 13 main features in their platform and they're only charging you like $10 per month? $30 per month? That's a crazy deal!
So, here's the catch in my opinion...
Like I've mentioned earlier on, there's this problem called the "Platform Lock-in" issue. What this basically means is that you're indirectly forced to keep paying them the recurring fee in order for you to continue running your business.
It's also quite hard and troublesome for you to switch to another platform.
So, they're willing to charge you a very cheap price upfront. But they're collecting much more profit at the back-end, including several upsells of course.
Pros & Cons
1. Everything in ONE Place
Builderall solved the problem that we need to purchase different tools from many different platforms.
Builderall brings everything under one roof so that you don't have to overpay and over-complicate things.
2. Very Affordable & Reasonable Pricing
I would be happy to pay $50 per month or even up to $100 per month for all the services they provide. Yet, they're charging at only $10 and $30 per month.
It's a pretty crazy deal.
3. Easy-to-Use Interface
As you can see in the demo video, it's very easy to build your own website and landing pages using Builderall.
All you need to do is "drag and drop" elements to the places you want them to be at.
It's absolutely WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) platform!
4. Unlimited Website Hosting Provided
You have to purchase your own domain but it's rare to see company offering UNLIMITED web hosting service.
5. Create Your Own Apps
This is a very unique feature because not many platforms out there allows complete newbies to build a mobile App by just using simple drag and drop functions.
This is effective for you to build some simple Apps. (Of course, don't expect it to be very sophisticated!)
6. Suitable for a Wide Range of Users
Most products out there only target a specific group of people. However, like what I've listed earlier on, Builderall is catered for a wide range of audience.
Many groups of people can benefit from this awesome program.
7. Easier to Design Than WordPress
To be honest, using WordPress is like learning a completely new language in the beginning. So quite a number of people may struggle with WordPress when they're just starting out without clear guidance.
Also, the design of your website in WordPress is pretty much depending on the theme you choose.
Unless you know how to code, it's hard for you to customize all the design features to make it the way you want.
Builderall's powerful page design function is a much better alternative if you are very particular about your website design.
8. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Last but not least, you're able to get your money back within 30 days if you're not satisfied with Builderall.
1. It is NOT WordPress
Having said that it's better than WordPress in terms of design, WordPress is still the leading platform for building websites.
For your info, WordPress runs 28.9% of the entire Internet. (Source: codeinwp) That's a huge share!
Being the major player in the game, people are more familiar with WP rather than Builderall. There are also much more tools and integrations that are related to WordPress.
Most importantly, there are more freedom in WP. You won't be stuck to the platform like you will in Builderall.
If you've noticed, I haven't talked about the "Builderall Business" package as shown in the pricing plan.
This Builderall Business is the plan you need to purchase if you want to make money by promoting Builderall, like an affiliate program.
However, this means that you need to pay an extra $50 per month just for you to promote Builderall and be eligible for commission.
This is the "play-to-play" situation I'm talking about. You're basically paying in order to be paid. Sounds wrong, right?
Yes, they do offer quite a number of training and resources to help you promote Builderall. But from my experience, I just feel that it's not worth it to keep paying $50 per month for an affiliate program.
My Secret Tip for You as an Affiliate:
If you want to promote Builderall and earn affiliate commission, go to JVZoo and search for Builderall.
You can apply to become an affiliate of Builderall there. The only difference is that if you purchase through their Builderall Business, you can earn up to 100% commission for every new referral. Whilst for JVZoo, your commission is only up to 50%.
3. Unclear Pricing
As you can see on their pricing options page, they didn't clearly indicate that the prices listed are monthly recurring.
If you're not observant enough, you may think that it's a one-time fee.
4. Platform Lock-in Issue
I've explained this earlier on. Basically, you're indirectly forced to be a lifetime customer of Builderall if you want to continue running your business.
The only way to escape from this trap is to start over again using WordPress, which is a much more commonly used platform.
5. Page Builder is NOT Responsive!
Huh? I though you just mentioned you can build responsive website and pages on Builderall?
Theoretically YES but in reality NO!
Let me explain...
Builderall allows you to design your page in three different format - desktop, tablet and mobile. So you need to design three times in order for your page to look decent on all platforms.
Is it that simple and straight-forward? Obviously NO!
The problem with Builderall is that its software is not built to be responsive. That's why you need to design 3 times on each device.
A truly responsive page builder is that your contents will adjust themselves no matter the size of your screen. All you need to do is to go into different device mode and do some minor editing to perfect the details.
Still don't understand what I'm talking about?
Take a look at this video from 3:55 to 6:45...
After watching this demonstration, you'll find that Builderall is really not that great after all.
It's just an average or slightly above average page builder.
Let's be honest, Builderall is very similar to many other tools in the market, simply because it covers such a wide range of services.
So it has quite a number of competitors. Let's take a look at the differences between Builderall and some of its competitors - WordPress, ClickFunnels, Thrive Themes, LeadPages and Wealthy Affiliate...
1. Builderall vs WordPress
- Both are meant to build websites
- Builderall has much more design functions and tools (especially the drag & drop function)
- Builderall is more than just a website builder, it has a lot more features like what we've discussed in this review so far
- WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS). It is more adaptable because it is more widely used globally (Remember, WP runs 28.9% of the entire Internet!)
2. Builderall vs ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is the world's leading software company for building sales funnels.
Check out the video below because Russell Brunson himself, the founder of ClickFunnels, will be explaining the difference between the two platforms:
- Both can build sales funnels
- Both have their own Email autoresponders
- Both have affiliate programs which you have to pay for
- Again, Builderall is not just a funnel builder. It has a lot more tools.
- ClickFunnels specialize in "Funnel Hacking" and they are the leader in this field. Much more successful than Builderall.
- ClickFunnels is much more expensive than Builderall
3. Builderall vs Thrive Themes
Thrive Themes is a company focusing on building Conversion Focused WordPress Themes and Plugins. So basically, they have similar missions in building conversion optimized websites, but using a completely different platform.
- Both are focusing on the design and conversion of the website
- Both have page builders. Thrive Themes' page builder is called Thrive Architect.
- Both have 'drag & drop' features in their page builder.
- Thrive Themes is not a website builder. It's just a software company creating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Builderall has its own platform while Thrive Themes only works on WordPress.
4. Builderall vs ConvertKit
- They serve the exact same purpose of collecting and following-up with your leads (subscribers)
- Mailing Boss is fully integrated within Builderall while ConvertKit is a third party software
- As a Builderall member, they allow you to use Mailing Boss for free up to 10K subscribers. This is a crazy deal.
- For ConvertKit, it costs $29/month for 1K subscribers. For 10K subscribers, it costs $100++ per month.
5. Builderall vs LeadPages
LeadPages is another tool which is similar to ClickFunnels and Thrive Architect. It allows you to build landing pages and sales funnels using 'drag & drop' feature.
- They all build landing pages and sales funnels
- They are all user-friendly and no coding required
- Builderall has more functions and it is much cheaper than LeadPages.
6. Builderall vs Wealthy Affiliate
Last but not least, if you've been following my website, you know that Wealthy Affiliate is always my top recommendation when it comes to setting up your own websites and building your own online business.
- They build websites
- They have a lot of training resources available
- They offer web hosting
- Both have weekly live training
- Builderall doesn't teach you about how to make money online. It only helps you build websites and create the supplementary tools in your business.
- On the other hand, Wealthy Affiliate has step-by-step training to teach you how to choose your niche, how to drive traffic to your website, how to convert your audience and make money, etc...
- They have very different tool-kits. For example, Builderall has video creator and App creator while Wealthy Affiliate has its own Keyword research tool and SSL Certificates for its Premium websites.
If you're completely new to internet marketing and this whole thing of making money online, I would recommend you to follow Wealthy Affiliate's training. Builderall is only for the technical stuffs.
Is Builderall a Scam? (You gotta read this!)
No, Builderall is definitely NOT a scam. But there are a lot of things you need to consider before joining.
"Is Builderall worth it?" and "Should I use Builderall?" are two different questions.
Yes, Builderall is worth it because it's a great deal judging from the price and the things they provide.
However, when you compare the products to other major players in the market, Builderall products still fall short.
I know it's very tempting to see such an All-in-One platform that provide you with so many things at a very affordable price.
But do you really think they're reliable in the long run?
I'm not implying or predicting that Builderall will shut down in the near future. All I'm saying is that you should really be cautious about the quality of Builderall's products.
There's a saying that goes like this, "You get what you paid for".
We all know there are scams out there. But I believe majority of the companies specialize in their own services don't just charge the price to make money from you.
Just take a look at ClickFunnels. They charge $97 for their specialized service in building funnels.
Yet Builderall is trying to so-called "spoil the market" by providing so many services at such a low price. My question to you is...Would you trust Builderall?
Think about this, ClickFunnels is still the leading company/product in the funnel industry. Builderall is no where near. They're just creating a lot of buzz and trying to get attention.
Similar to Email Marketing, people still trust and rely on the big companies like AWeber, GetResponse, ConvertKit, etc.
I don't know about you. But I would rather trust the companies that specialize in their own services, instead of spreading themselves too thin.
Don't get me wrong! I love the concept that Builderall is trying to bring everything under one roof so that internet marketers like us don't have to purchase software after software for different purposes.
But this is also their drawback. If they're able to level up their products some more to compete or even surpass the major players in the market, that will be great!
How I Make a Living Online...
I've personally created a 4-Figure Monthly Passive Income Stream and become financially independent at just 21 years old without any College degree or working experience!
Through my own hard work, I went from a broke restaurant waiter to living my dream laptop lifestyle in less than a year's time...
If you want to discover the secrets of how I did it at such a young age, I have an upcoming FREE 1-HOUR TRAINING where I'll reveal everything to you!
Click on the button below to join my FREE TRAINING...