Covert Store Builder Review: A Product Full of Unrealistic HYPE!
Covert Store Builder has made a lot of bold claims about how your website, your business or even your LIFE can be transformed by just using this WordPress Theme.
I'm not sure where do they gain their confidence from or this is just another old-school marketing trick.
Let me reveal to you what they really have to offer and what they are hiding from you in this Covert Store Builder review...
Covert Store Builder Review Summary
Summary: Covert Store Builder is a Premium WordPress Theme specialized in building affiliate stores. It has a decent theme and store builder but it has a really poor support, a tons of upsells, hypes and many more problems. Basically, you just can't make money by building an affiliate store with CSB.
What is Covert Store Builder?
Wait a Minute!
Before we go any further, just take a look at these BOLD and UNREALISTIC claims by Convert Store Builder:
I can go on with these unrealistic promises on and on and on seriously!
Do you really believe them?
I'm sure many of you will be very skeptical at this point of time. More experienced ones will already know that this is just another low-quality product or even a scam.
Basically, CSB is a Premium WordPress Theme that allows you to build your own affiliate marketing store in under just 5 minutes (according to their claims).
Below is a demonstration video on CSB. If you want to see CSB in action, take some time to watch this video before I break down the different aspects for you...
(Here is the website built by Covert Store Builder in the video above.)
Covert Store Builder Features:
- 1-Click Install: They claim that you can install CSB in just one click (But the truth is all WP themes can be installed in one click. The real work starts only after you've installed the theme)
- Automatic Product Import: You're able to easily import product information (product name, image, description, specification, price, etc.) from Amazon, eBay and Commission Junction.
- Self-Optimized Store: CSB has custom tracking function to collect data on your website such as impression, clicks, click-through rates, etc. Afterwards, it will automatically arrange your product list in the way to optimize your sales (i.e. put popular products at the top)
- Wishlist: CSB allows potential customers to put products into a wishlist although this is not an E-commerce site (it's just an affiliate website). This wishlist can be easily shared with others via a custom link to further boost your sales. It also allows you to build your list because once your potential customer add products into a wish list, they are required to register and sign in.
- Lead Generation: As mentioned above, registration is allowed in order for people to add products into wishlist. Afterwards, follow-up Emails and autoresponder will come into play to increase conversion. (Your list can be exported to your Third-Party Email Service Provider.)
- Widget-Ready Sidebars & Footers: As part of the theme, CSB has a set of pre-design widgets for your sidebars and footers to make your website looks more professional and increase conversion rate
- Automatic Comments: CSB will automatically pull comments from Amazon and Facebook for each particular products. This can make your website looks more active and trustworthy (although it's fake!)
- Tutorials: To help you make full use of CSB, they have a set of tutorials which come together with the theme to teach you how to set up and get your business running.
Although this list of features might seem appealing, don't forget there are at least two sides to everything. Let's take a look at what IM Wealth Builders are hiding from you...
Covert Store Builder Upsells
One-time $47 for such a seemingly comprehensive WP Theme is definitely appealing to many people. But there are actually a lot of upsells waiting for you if you ever purchase this product.
The very first one-time-offer (OTO) they'll present to you is something called the Covert Store Content Plugin which comes at $37.
Let me show you the sales video that you'll only see after you've purchase CSB:
As we all know, this OTO is never a "One-Time" offer for "new members". This sales page and sales video will always be there. It's just the marketing technique they are using to upsell you more of their products.
What this plugin does is auto-blogging. In layman's term, it's the tool to help you automate your content on your website.
How they do it is simply by copying the contents from websites like Amazon and import them into your website.
I know what you're thinking. This is a duplicate content. I'll cover that in the pros and cons below.
Let's take a look at some other upsells they have:
Covert Action Bar $17, Cover Social Buzz $17, Covert Content $21.35, Covert Social Press $47, Covert Viral Wizard $47, Covert Mobile Bar $9.71, Covert Video Press $27, Covert Copy Traffic $17, Covert PinPress $47, Covert Messenger $17, Covert Geo Targeter $17.
This company has one of the most upsells I've ever seen. If you go and search online individually, you can easily find out that these are all products of IM Wealth Builders.
That is A LOT of upsells, man!
I Created My Own 4-Figure Monthly Passive Income at just 21 Years Old!
Pros & Cons
- 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Free Lifetime Updates for the software purchased
- Software can be installed and setup easily without any experience
- Tutorials are included
- They automate a lot of the complicated process
- Unlimited site license (You can install the theme on as many websites as you want, even on your clients' websites)
1. Duplicate Content
Covert Store Builder claims that you don't need to write a single word of content because they'll help you automate that. The way they do it is by copying contents from websites like Amazon and import them into your website.
There is a huge problem here.
Google is now very strict with duplicate content. If you're found copying contents from other people, Google will penalize you in terms of ranking. So, your site won't be trusted by Google and you'll not get free organic traffic.
This leads to out next point about website traffic...
2. Website Traffic
CSB claims that they focus on social media traffic and they are able to "suck" free traffic from Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to your website and get sales.
But do you think getting free social media traffic is that easy?
What CSB do is by simply sharing your imported products to social media. That's all. Honestly speaking, you won't be getting any traffic this way.
There are two types of traffic - Free traffic and Paid traffic. Covert Store Builder is neither helping you to get free traffic nor teaching you how to pay for quality traffic. So, where is the "suck"?
What I only know is CSB sucks!
3. Very Limited Support
A premium paid theme should have a very well-established support team and platform where you'll be able to solve your technical issues easily.
But CSB is only offering 2 things: A simple support page with a couple of general questions and Free lifetime software update (not sure whether the company will even last a lifetime)
4. Inaccurate Product Price
There's a problem with CSB product pricing. CSB will include the product price from websites like Amazon when you first import the product to your website.
However, when Amazon updates the product price, CSB won't be able to update the price. This may adversely affect your user experience.
For example, your potential customer saw a product priced at $50 but when they click on your link and go to Amazon, it says $80. What will you feel as a customer?
You'll feel cheated, right? The feeling definitely won't be good.
5. Hype, Hype, Hype!
Back to where we started this review. You can easily see that this company is all about creating unrealistic hypes and creating false hopes.
They do have a pretty easy-to-use theme. But whether it will allow you to get quality traffic and make money is totally different story.
Just a WordPress Theme alone won't give you sales. It's how to market your products and how you communicate with you target audience.
Covert Store Builder is all about Automation but they forget about the Marketing part totally.
So, Should I invest in Covert Store Builder?
Judging from all the problems and disadvantages CSB has, I'm sure the answer is pretty clear. Stay away from Covert Store Builder. (My top recommended WordPress plugins and themes are at Thrive Themes.)
In fact, if you want to make money via affiliate marketing, building an affiliate STORE is not the way to go.
Instead, you should focus on building your BRAND, your FOLLOWING and create high quality CONTENT!
How I Make a Living Online...
I've personally created a 4-Figure Monthly Passive Income Stream and become financially independent at just 21 years old without any College degree or working experience!
Through my own hard work, I went from a broke restaurant waiter to living my dream laptop lifestyle in less than a year's time...
If you want to discover the secrets of how I did it at such a young age, click here!