How To Optimize Your Business Website
If you have a website for your business, then you need to optimize it. It means your website should be useful for your visitors, it should have superb traffic, you should be earning from your website, and it should deliver your business website's primary purpose.
If these manifestations are not evident in your website, then your website needs optimization. To grow your business using a website, you should earn from it. Don't fret if you're still struggling with your website. You can always fix it, and there are many ways to do it.
The following ways should help you:
#1 Analyze Your Website
Analyzing or auditing your website is one of the best steps to regularly do when you want your website to perform at its optimal condition. With a website audit and analysis, you'll know whether you have good search engine optimization (SEO), user experience, and technical problems.
If there are problems, your website won't rank high in search results and, eventually, see a decrease in traffic. Your website is like a machine which you regularly update and maintain to ensure it works properly.
When you conduct an audit or analysis, you'll discover what areas need fixing so that you can enhance your website's performance. You can conduct a website audit by using a site audit tool following these steps:
- Choose A Site Audit Tool - With a site audit tool, you can find technical problems on your website, identify SEO issues, discover duplicate or weak content, assess page issues, and the like. Some even let you check backlinks to see if they're broken.
Next, it can make a report or checklist of what problems you should fix on your website. Some audit tools offer a free trial, but a paid one can help you with an in-depth audit and get the most of the services.
- Run Your URL - Next is to input your website's URL on the audit tool so that the latter can crawl on your website. That's an easy step as you don't need to be a techie to do it.
- Generate A Report - After crawling on your website, the site audit tool will list down the problems with your site. Some issues it could find are crawl errors, broken images, mobile-friendliness, page load times, HTTPS status, and other technical problems. All of these issues can affect your SEO, so fixing them is also a must.
As for SEO problems, these include non-optimized anchor text and internal links, incorrect schema.org microdata, missing Google Analytics code, duplicate image or text, missing meta descriptions, missing title tags, and the like.
Moreover, the site audit tool will analyze your website's user experience and design which can impact the number of people paying for your services or products.
- Suggest Solutions - Lastly, a good site audit tool will offer the best ways to solve or fix your website problems. Using the checklist the site audit tool generated, you can easily know how to fix issues on your own or with your SEO team.
For instance, if you have issues with backlinks, it can suggest ways to do link building.
#2 Conduct Keyword Research
You can also optimize your website when you conduct keyword research which is a process of knowing phrases and words related to each industry that generates more traffic to search engine results pages (SERPs). By doing this, you can discover common terms that people use when searching for products and services related to yours on search engines.
When you know what keywords are most popular, you can use the right terms to understand your audience and answer their queries by writing content on your website using such keywords.
You can do keyword research through the following:
- Brainstorming - Depending on your business, you should think of keywords that act as the foundation of your keyword research process, known as seed keywords. Even when using a keyword research tool, you’ll be required to provide a seed keyword.
For instance, if your business is a cafe, your seed keyword may be coffee. Seed keywords are essential for you to discover broad ideas about your content.
- Checking Competitor's Ranking - When looking for what keywords work best for your competitors, you should first learn who your competitors are. You can use your seed keywords to search on search engines to see which ranks on the search engine results page's first pages.
You can then use competitive intelligence tools to know which keywords are most popular on your competitor's sites. By learning what keywords send more traffic to your competitors, you can discover new keywords related to your services or products, and use these in your content.
- Use Keyword Research Tools - Lastly, you can use a keyword research tool as brainstorming and competitor's keywords may not be exhaustive.
With the keyword research tool, you only put in your seed keyword, and it'll generate the most popular keywords and other related keywords based on its database. Some are free to use, while others require you to pay a registration fee. With paid registration, you get keyword ideas you can use to create content on your website.
#3 Create Quality Content
Lastly, you should optimize your content if you want your website to perform better. It's because your content can impact your ranking in SEO, and getting a high rank in search engine results pages needs work.
One way to know if your content is of quality is when it's worth reading and it can generate traffic to your website. You can follow these tips if you want to write quality content:
- Targeting Keywords: The reason you need to conduct keyword research is to know what terms and phrases to use when writing your content. That way, you can create an excellent plan to make your content based on the keywords.
If you don't write your content based on keywords, you may find it hard to rank on search engine results pages.
- Write For Your Readers - Another factor you need to consider is writing articles that can help your readers, not one that focuses on your personal life and the like.
If you're a blogger, avoid writing articles about yourself throughout your page unless people want to know more about you. Instead, you can talk about interesting facts that your followers or readers may find useful or of importance.
- Make Engaging Content - Even when your content is informational, you should make sure that it's engaging or something that your audience would like to read. Don't write too wordy paragraphs, but instead, use headings, subheadings, bullets, and spaces throughout your article.
Also, you should avoid using complicated words that your readers are not familiar with. Lastly, the tone of your article should work for your target audience.
When you know how to optimize your website, you can improve your website's performance, which can help you earn more money or sell your products and services more. You can do this by analyzing your website. Knowing the issues that affect your website traffic can help you solve issues to make your site better.
Another is to conduct keyword research that can help you know which keywords related to your industry most people search for. With such, you'll know what keywords to incorporate on the content of your site. Moreover, you should create quality content to help you rank high on search engine results pages. All of these can help you optimize your site to gain more traffic.